Mile Mark: 19.25
Date Built: 1874
This wye is the only site on the railroad where a wye has been the only means of turning a train since the line was built. The wye's east tail once was quite long to serve an iron mine in the hillside.
The south (rr north) leg and east tail have been dismantled by the adjacent landowner. The north (rr south) leg is mostly intact in the underbrush.
Back to Tankhouse Bridge
|Click on an image to see larger version||
Forward to McCarthy Mine
|Up to Saltillo|
|Up to EBT: Rockhill Furnace to Saltillo|
|Tour Entry||Tour Index||Tour Info|