Mile Mark: 28.20
Date Built: 1909
This is the location of the original 1874 bridge #17. It was 60' and most likely wood. The bridge and abutments were washed away by the 1889 flood. The bridge was renumbered to #12 by 1917.
The current through steel plate girder bridge was built in 1909. Its single 77' span crosses Trough Creek. Its design and appearance is sketchy as it is little photographed. It appears to be of similar design to Robertsdale, Three Springs and Prices bridges.
There is currently no unposted route to the bridge. It is visible from the highway during winter and early spring and is 0.1 mile north of the guardrailed pulloff.
Back to Martins Meadow
|Click on an image to see larger version||
Forward to Robertsdale Bridge
|Up to EBT: Cooks to Alvan|
|Tour Entry||Tour Index||Tour Info|