Mile Mark: 11.00
Date Built: ca. 1910
Published Photos: AEBT 60, 123
The original Ice house, built between 1894 and 1904, was about where the Carpentry Shop is now. It was nearly identical to the later one and may have even been the same building.
The later structure, adjacent to the Sand Tower, was used to store blocks of ice, presumably to use in EBT boxcars. The building was demolished sometime between 1948 and 1950 (AEBT 60), before the end of regular operations. By 1960 only the south wall was left, still attached to the Sand House. By 1956 the remainder was gone.
Back to Garage
Forward to West Water Column
|Up to Rockhill Yards|
|Up to Shirleysburg to Rockhill Furnace|
|Tour Entry||Tour Index||Tour Info|