Mile Mark: 22.80
Elevation: 1230'
Date: unknown
Published Photos: AEBT 44, 48
The group of houses known as Kimmel technically resided at the valley floor, but the whistle stop for it was here. The road crossing was a frequent photo op in the common carrier era. The west cast iron crossing sign was removed in 1957 for a small fee to the railroad. About 1985 it entered the collection of Rick Shoup who subsequently donated it to the FEBT museum in Robertsdale where it resides today.
View a 1994 aerial photo of Kimmel.
View a 1994 aerial photo of Kimmel.
Back to Sideling Hill Tunnel |
Click on an image to see larger version | Forward to Kimmel Passenger Shelter |
||
---|---|---|---|---|
Up to EBT: Saltillo to Cooks | ||||
Tour Entry | Tour Index | Tour Info |