|Number: M-3||Name: none|
|Date Built: 1928||Date Purchased: 1928||Date Sold: none|
|Line Built for: East Broad Top||Disposition: Unserviceable|
|Builder: Nash/EBT||Model: custom||Serial Number:|
|Style: gas-mechanical||Type: Inspection||Wheel Arrangement: 1A|
|Track Gauge: 3'||Tractive Effort:||Pressure/Power:|
|Valve Gear/Transmission: Transmission||Driver Size:||Cylinder Bore:|
|Weight:||Engine Weight:||Adhesive Weight:|
|Grate:||Fuel Capy.:||Water Capy.:|
|Published Photos: AEBT 55, 165; EBT 138, 219; SGS 98, TMB 49|
M-3, the last of the common carroer era M units, was rebuilt from a 1928 Nash automobile. It is alternatively reported that the auto was a Maxwell, but all photos appear to show the unit with a Nash radiator and engine cowling. She was used as an official inspection car and some MOW service. As originally built, the unit has a long 'cowcatcher' on the pilot that was subsequently removed.
M-3 was reoperated in 1960 or 61, but was run without checking the oil and the engine siezed. She is rarely if ever brought out for display. She is currently stored in the Paint Shop.